Sunday, January 22, 2012

Excuse me......do you sell Dukes Mayonnaise?

The answer is .....NO.... also you can not find Texas Pete.... sad day since I put that stuff on everything!
After a long week of orientation at work and Kip being back at the office, we decided to go out with friends this weekend. There are only a few things to do in the middle of winter in Alaska and we did all of them!
Friday:
-Go out to eat: surprisingly there are tons of great places to eat in Anchorage! Mexican, Thai, Italian and Asian just to name a few.
-Go to the movies- we decided to see Red Tails.....HUGE mistake...too long, bad acting and very disappointing, really wish it was made better. (Kip fell asleep during it and I stuck Swedish fish in his open mouth, bringing the whole group to tears laughing so hard)

Saturday:
-Go to a Hockey game- Alaska Aces are the local double AA team
Josh excited about the hockey game!
-Go Bowling- Everyone loves bowling in Alaska.......and I am amazing, thanks to my Dad for taking me a lot when I was younger. I beat Kip and most of the people we went with! Maybe I will fit in here :)
Sad that I beat him in both games! (his response, "I was working on my spin")

The girls after bowling.
- And playing in the snow .....but only for a few minutes! haha made Kip take these after the Ravens loss....my first Alaska snow fall!
Still tons of snow and still neg temps, but I still cant get over how beautiful Alaska is, even in the middle of winter. These are just a few views from my hosp and the mountains that surround Anchorage.



2 comments: