Monday, January 30, 2012

"Wow, where is your accent from?"

After my first full week of work in the ED, a few things are clear. One, I don't sound like anyone else, except a fellow southern travel nurse I work with that went to Auburn. Also I am not a day shift/morning person, and find it difficult to get up at 5am. It makes it a little easier that Kip also gets up early but still not what I enjoy. I was excited to learn my schedule will be a mix of 3 evening shifts (2pm-2am) and 3 night shifts (6:30pm-6:30am). I have yet to work on a night shift but really hope the same trend of cool, awesome, entertaining and crazy people also decide to work night shift in this ED.

After a long week that included, code blues, ski accidents and many alcohol incidences, we had a fun filled weekend with friends. I first met some of the girls out at revolving sushi and I could kick myself for not taking pictures because it was amazing, few pieces served on a revolving belt, tons of new rolls I had never had. On Saturday we attended a friends wedding on the air force base on a beautiful day in Alaska, everything was so sweet and beautiful.
View on Elmendorf air force base, driving to the wedding.
Amazing view on a clear day!
The wedding was held in a chalet on base that Kips unit kept up. So happy for the couple and glad we could share their day.
 The boys after the wedding in their dress blues.
The girls after the wedding!
We also attended a Engineer banquet later that night but I forgot to take pictures haha :(
On Sunday I was starting to feel sad about not being able to be around my friends and Kip was super busy with school work so I decided to head out and find something to keep busy. I was so happy to find this gem and will def be back to purchase some amazing gifts and super cute home items.

Looking forward to getting the last few days of orientation out of the way and getting back in the ED at the end of this week. Also looking forward to the Super bowl with friends this weekend even if the Ravens aren't playing. Excited to have some fun as the temp gets out of the negatives. :)

2 comments: