Sunday, February 5, 2012

Just a little snow........

So when I moved to Alaska I knew there would be snow, but never thought it would snow all day and all night. Well on Friday it did just that, on the way to work the highway was closed due to a tractor trailer turned over due sliding on the snow/ice. In North Carolina, everything would close, people would be crying and nobody would show up for work. Not here, everything is open....people are excited and get this.... RIDING THEIR BIKES TO WORK! hahaha we even went out for sushi when I got home from work. Kip was sweet and took a pictures and scrapped my car after it snowed over a foot while I was at work.
Keep in mind that I cleaned it once while I was at work!



Alllllll clean hahaha thank goodness!!
One thing about getting that much snow, tubing the next day is AWESOME! We decided to go on the AF base with a few of our friends, it was a blast and I'm faster than Kip!

Kip coming down the hill!



getting pulled up the hill!
Heather and Kyle before we raced.....we and Kip won! (since we weigh more :)


Before the blizzard hit, we decided to go out to a nice dinner to celebrate moving to Alaska and "our anniversary" hahaha just what we told the girl taking our picture. We also went out for drinks downtown and had a great time. Overall we had a great week in Alaska but by far my favorite part was Kip telling me that the meatloaf I made was better than his moms (I really hope she never reads this since he swore me never to tell her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment