Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time to Ski!!!!

So only 2 more days of work then headed to my first ski weekend at Alyeska Ski Resort! I am super excited but def super nervous. After one ski lesson Ive decided to stick to the bunny slopes and just try to get better. Made sure I had all of my equipment and even picked up a new winter ski shirt (hot pink) and ski goggles (would have much rather had a new pair of sun glasses). But spring is still far away.
Also it just keeps snowing, snowing and snowing. Woke up to snow from over night and continued to snow all day. Prob need to spend a few more hours in front of the light box but we are getting 5min of sunlight everyday. Its even a little bit lighter when I get off work.
There is so much snow that the city just keeps pushing it around and trucking it to these "mountains" of snow around the city. This is a very small one next to the shopping center.
Also I wanted to share a few of the photos common in the Anchorage news paper, which also has a section dedicated to moose sightings :) Loving the wildlife!
This made my jaw drop! Moose on top of a car.
Everyone in Alaska loves McDs! hahaha
Also thought I would give a map of Alaska since everyone seems to ask me where I live in Alaska. And to give people a better understanding on where Anchorage is located. Also shows how large the state actually is!
This was also crazy to me when I first saw it!
Getting excited for my ski weekend, and Im sure tons of embarrassing pictures are sure to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment