Sunday, February 26, 2012

Winter Wonderland and a Magic Carpet ride!

So I know what everyone is thinking, when am I going to the Winter Olympics? Well just so we are clear I am not a skier and I just couldn't get the hang of it this weekend. It could have been the huge mountain, the amazing skiers I was with or the kids that looked like they were born to ski and grew up on the mountain. I was beyond intimidated and def should have planned a few more lessons before trying to dominate the slopes at Alyeska Ski resort. Yes I did fall on the "magic carpet" that is for a super small bunny slope (toddlers were flying past me with the smallest skis Ive ever seen), yes my skis popped off, yes they stopped the whole thing so I could get up, yes I yelled at Kip for not being a good teacher, and yes I ended up sitting by the fire pit for more time then I actually skied. Its no secret I get frustrated easy but this was a true test, I felt silly, like everyone was laughing at me and that I was holding the boys back from amazing runs on the mountain. I finally gave up and decided to promise to make myself take more lessons and eventually become a decent skier, or at least never to fall down on the magic carpet again!
Got to the cabin for the weekend, crazy amount of snow built up!
Thanya and Josh, so much fun with these two this weekend!
Dont worry, Chicken fingers on a double cheese burger....also known as Kips dream meal!
Ski resort at night, amazing lights!
I may not have been good at skiing but I sure looked like I knew what I was doing!
Where I ended my ski adventure while the boys went on some real runs!
Decided to head back to meet up with the girls, we decided to sled and things got crazy!
The snow was so deep! and this area was amazing, we even made a new friend buddy!
After the boys came home for lunch I sent Kip out with our outdoor video camera and he got some great pictures and videos!

Amazing view!



Awesome weekend with great people!

1 comment:

  1. Well you were definitely the CUTEST one on slopes. That surely counts for something. Keep trying! Remember when you tried to ride a bike the first time when we were on vacation? You were sure you could do it without lessons. And stop yelling at KIP!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete