Thursday, March 8, 2012

Long time coming.....

Been a little while since I last posted and I will def not wait so long next time. Today marks my last day with my "preceptor" even though I have been by myself, just asking a few questions at work for a few weeks now. Really enjoying my co-workers and all their "Alaska Advice." Also thankful for my training I received at Wake Forest Baptist Health, with out it I would not have my stern "do as I say voice" for the ones that enjoy a little too much alcohol, be able to start pediatric IVs on the reg at my new ED making me look super awesome to my preceptor and new co-workers, and also what to expect, giving trauma advice and actually being asked to meet with RNs interested in knowing more about trauma facilities. Super thankful for all the information I never knew I was learning.

Also tomorrow I will travel 96 miles outside of anchorage to take part in BOW- Winter Workshop. In a nut shell it will give me great Alaska adventures all in one weekend with all women! I learned about this program from a fellow nurse and I'm excited to see what awesome things I get to experience. Here is the website to sort of explain!
BOW
I will be doing activities like ice fishing, snowmobiling, snow shoeing, cross country skiing (heard it is completely different than down hill), also outdoor photography, cooking and amazing things to do in Alaska.

Really nervous but excited to meet new people and have some fun! Hoping I survive and get there safe!
Few pictures of a few things I hope I see while in the great white north!

Hoping for a great weekend with lots of great activities! Yayyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment