Sunday, July 15, 2012

Californication

So we made it to California!!! Cant believe I am actually here, just a place I always wanted to go but never thought a lot about it. The drive was long, traffic in parts but we finally made it. We had a great dinner and are pooped! (Might have been all the texting/talking we did in the car- but NOT while driving.)
Dont worry, Siri had no idea what mountain this was, and took us a little while to find out.
Mt. Shasta .... we told Siri the deal.
Yay, glad Kip pulled over! Wish I had a sweet tan for Cali haha (my spray tan has since worn off. boo)
Getting closer!
Olive trees, we could have stopped for Olive Oil tasting. But decided to keep keeping on!

Finally!
Crossing into the city
Here we come, pretty excited to get off the road!
Fog/clouds over the city :(
First stop was to head to see the Golden Gate Bridge....
So cloudy, super sad we werent able to see it!! But that just means I have to come back.
Next stop.... the painted ladies or postcard row!
Ahhh so excited to see it in person, all I could think about (I'm sure y'all are all the same too) was the best show in the 80's Full House. I still remember the night my mother had to calm me down and tell me they are twins, after I saw 2 Michelles on a late night show. I was in shock!
Just needed warmer weather and a picnic!!
After getting to the hotel in Fisherman's Warf we changed into some warmer clothes and headed to our next Dinners Drive Ins and Dives location! Tommy's Joynt in San Fran. A sandwich and meat place was was out of this world! Thanks a million Triple D!

Great food and great prices, Kip even found a beer he drank in "the War" from Russia.
Amazinggggg Pastrami!
And Burgundy Beef and rice! yummmo

Super excited about LA tomorrow, not excited about the drive or possible traffic. Keep your fingers crossed things go well. And also hoping to see a friend from college in LA for at least a drink. Man we are pooped and headed to bed, leaving bright and early heading down the coastal hwy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment