Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A little Winston-Salem in Canada.....!!!


So we left Whitehorse today, after walking around downtown in the rain. We had a great drive with sun and warmer weather. I drove most of the way today so Kip was in charge of the camera and we have some great shots! Check out what we saw on the way to Watson Lake, Yukon

Amazing view over the water
On the road.....again!
Queen of the road

Check this guy out! 1 of 2 we saw!
Then driving down the road we found this guy just hanging out eating flower! Still amazing that we see these animals just on the side of the road. Pretty eye opening!

So cute! Kip did a great job while I was driving.

We arrived in Watson Lake around 5:00pm, we decided to check out its main/only attraction. The Sign Post Forest, I expected it to be a few signs. I was blown away and couldn't stop walking around and trying to find different places. We set out to find a few of our fav places.

Of course Kips hometown was at the very front and one of the first things we saw.
We then tried to walk around and find my hometown, it took a little while longer haha. But here are some others we found along the way.
Statesville, NC
So many! Kip wanted to count them in our license plate game....negative!
GAMECOCKS!!
Still searching....
Almost.....
Found it!!!!
So much fun. It was def something to remember, makes me want to send them a sign as soon as I get home!

We head out in the morning, super early and on one of our longest days, 11hrs. Our next stop is New Hazelton, British Columbia. Super pumped about the Internet here (the hotel not so much, picture black and white comforters with plaid sheets). Wish Kip luck in getting me up early and in a good mood for the drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment